Monday 15 October 2012

Visiting family

So I took this weekend off (after handing in that Assignment, I needed a break!) and went home for the first time in a month! It's the longest I've ever been away from home. Once when I was younger I camped with a cousin for two weeks and going back home felt pretty good. So, after a month of being in a new, confusing city, doing work and generally not knowing where many things are, going home was not only AMAZING because it meant I could see my family, but because it also gave me the chance to be lazy with directions and   cooking. I got there Friday evening and went skating (the first time in a month, it was a relief to realise I can still skate to be honest!!), before having dinner at home. Just pasta and sauce but actually eating with my mum was really lovely.

I also (as you would) went to see my lovely other half, Patrick. I take great delight in surprising him, so I told him I'd be there on Saturday morning for hugs and such, and even called him while I was outside my house, saying goodnight... And then I got a lift to his and opened the front door VERY quietly and took my suitcase up the stairs VERY quietly... And walked into his room. And he freaked out! It was fantastic. He was sat in bed, saying "What are you doing here?!" and he had the BIGGEST smile on his face. Made it worth the effort of lying to him all week, definitely. He also bought me a LOVELY bouquet of white roses, which are my favourite flowers! I've never had flowers bought for me before, so that was a lovely surprise.

So we spent the evening chatting and then went out the next afternoon, after I'd been to the opticians to get some new glasses (I stood on mine, poor things, they're bent beyond all functionality) and check my prescription. My head has widened, they said, and I had to explain that it was because of the metal stretcher I used to have in my mouth. For reference, I used to get one Shreddie stuck between my opposite back teeth. The gap is now wide enough for a Party Ring. It's nice to know all the pain was worth it!!

In the afternoon, we went out for lunch (ham, egg and chips is an amazing meal and if you disagree there is something fundamentally wrong with you), then for a milkshake. Patrick bought a banoffee one that was so thick, he couldn't finish it, which I think was a foreign concept to him (he looked very confused). We also went out for dinner with my dad, so I am certainly well-fed now!

I currently have reading to do for the morning ( a side effect of not doing work all weekend is catch-up work that needs to be done), so I'm off to do that.

I will upload a picture of the flowers with my next post!!

Happy reading, folks!!

2 comments:

  1. It wasn't that fact that it was thick that I didn't finish it; rather, it was the volume that they served! It could have been any of the thinner ones and I still wouldn't have finished it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, hello there, honey! How nice of you to comment (I only just realised this was here)

      I'll see you soon. xx :)

      Delete