Tuesday 1 March 2011

bored, bord, board, bored...

The first signifies I have nothing to do.
The second would signify I have no, or few, brain cells.
The third is entirely more planky than lacking entertainment...
And the fourth reminds me of sciences tests, apples and potatoes.

Welcome (again, or for the first time) to my blog, where I... er... Blog, I suppose. Today has been a chilled out day. I wasn't due in school until eleven and there was no homework to be done so I tried (note TRIED) to sleep in for a bit. Nevertheless, my attempts were in vain and I got up at arond nine thirty (after cheerful but sleepy chat with Mr. Wonderful) and ate some cheerios while continuing my latest book (I read them, not write them)- this one is by Jeffery Archer and it's called "The Fourth Estate".

I find it very eaasy to work out who authors are through the styles of their books. Archer's usually have at least one character who comes from a poor, damaged country (in Kane and Abel this would be Abel) and who rises to the top of society through sheer dumb luck and a little bit of indispensible knowledge. In both Kane and Abel, and The Fourth Estate, the character from a poor country ends up in a long-enduring fight for supremacy (K&A focuses on money; TFE on newspapers and media sources). both books are pretty good, though TFE seems to drag on a bit- especially if you're reading to a deadline and you're tired. Which I am, very.

I should be finished with TFE in the next hour; then onto "Thrill" by Jackie Collins. I loved the first book of hers that I read, "Lovers and Players", and I look forward to reading my next planned installment of her writing style. She makes stories interesting without there having to be constant drama after drama, such as in soaps on the TV. I like reading much better. With TV it is hard to analyse characters.

I considered writing a book about my past, present, and my hopes for the future, but I then realised that at the age of sixteen I do not want to sound or appear facetious, I do not feel my life has been used to its full yet, I haven't achieved any major feats, I am not famous and I never EVER want to be compared to Justin Bieber, no matter how small the similarity between the two of us.

I've no homework to do- today I managed to do a piece before the teacher had even set it and therefore have provided myself with a free evening in which I can do what I please (wonderful! I have constantly been reading since I came home).

Everybody else is moaning about the amount of work they have to do. I was actually smart for once and did nearly all of it in the holidays. I feel I can control my work much better now.

Of course, what you don't all know is that f I don't do it I get so stressed out about letting people down that I panic properly and become pretty much insane after a while...

Happy reading, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment