Monday 21 March 2011

SUDDENLY...

I have updated rather a lot since the last post! Firstly; I keep getting ill and things are going a bit wrong so I can't really eat much at the moment. The upside of this is that I get to eat ice cream; the downside is, I'm not particularly fond of ice cream. So, I could opt for ice... (we're talking pain regarding tonsils and teeth here) but it's a little too...icy... I see... (tehehe) so I've stuck with ice cream so far.

I had tonsillitis a couple of weeks back and it was quite horrible- I used to get it all the time as a child but now it's not so frequent. In fact, I don't get ill very often generally. The problem is, when I do manage to contract some disease (viral bacterial, idiotic), I get it rather badly and it can knock me out of the loop for a good week or so. My mother, who knows me well, brought me a newspaper and ten yoghurts. I got better (not before I'd lost half a stone, but hey- it doesn't happen so often so it's not so bad).

ALSO! NEWS... My jaw is hurting. Big time. No, I did not try to impersonate a snake and dislocate it or anything; it just hurts on the right hand side. At the joint part, which suggests that it is growing wrong even more than it already has. Whoop-de-do. However, I must say, as half of the pain is due to teething, I can't complain as it's easily fixable; just remove the teeth...

You see, a couple of days ago I was walking along, and SUDDENLY my jaw seized up. I gotta tell you, it's a weird feeling, finding that. You go to talk and you sound like some sort of imbecilic child with a huge gobstopper in its mouth. Or some sort of imbecilic teenage girl giving.... [teenage girls a much-unneeded slutty stereotype?}... Anyway, yes. You get the gist. I am told part of this is due to my wisdom teeth growing through. "WHAT?! Wisdom teeth?" I said, hoping that my always-correct mother, er, wasn't; "It can't be true! I'm not even wise! What are they DOING?!"

I'll tell you what they're doing, they're boring a bloody hold into the side of my mouth, that's what it feels like they're doing. Little enamelly bastards.

Also, I decided to give year seven the benefit of the doubt and give them two weeks to do a piece of homework which should take ten minutes. While explaining it to them (keep it short and sweet, they have little attention span...) I clearly stated, thrice (dammit!) that under no circumstances were they to put their names on the paper. One of the children proceeded to begin filling out the form. But, of course, not before he'd (with admirable clarity and neatness) put his name at the top. Half of me was proud that handwriting isn't quite dead yet. The other half was seething that ten seconds after an instruction, this young man had decided it didn't matter. Pah.

They don't know it yet, but if any of them have put their names on the top, I will be taking them aside and saying that not only did I state this was not to be done but it is also WRITTEN at the top of the paper. I'm afraid, young ones, that sometimes your idiocy steps in front of you, and ignorance makes you look a fool.

The little enamelly bastards problem will (hopefully) be either sorted (strong painkillers under prescription or something!) on the First of April... Or made worse by the added happiness-hindrance of braces. Bastard braces. and not the cool old-fashioned ones for holding up your trousers, either. No, oh boy, no. These little wires of joy/hell will be attached to my teeth for the next who-knows-how-long. I'm sixteen.... It could be until I'm nearly twenty. I don't want to think about that much!

School is going splendidly, thanks for asking. Law is great fun, as usual. Politics will become so when we begin revising for the exams and they help us with quickfire sessions; those help me a great deal. Etcetera, etcetera- I must go to bed, I'm knackered and I have a consultation in the morning with my tutor. Somehow the word "woooo" doesn't cover it...

No comments:

Post a Comment