Thursday 9 February 2012

Next step

As I'm sure a lot of you know, I'm seventeen (ah, alas, she has no experience nor knowledge of the ways and wiles of  life!) and that means a number of things. Firstly, I can drive. Secondly, my next birthday should be a cracking one (LANDMARK BIRTHDAY! WHOOP!). Most importantly, I can do magic outside of school. That's been the best one by far.

Quite honestly the best thing has been doing A-Levels, because the amount of care and attention you get from teachers is amazing. They will mark a hundred of the same essay and still put their all in, and that's something I greatly admire. All my teachers have pushed me so hard this year, and I'm really happy they have. I'm pretty complacent with my learning until someone yells at me to do stuff. They're (metaphorically) yelling every lesson. And I'm learning.

Which is why, dear readers, I have some news which I hope will serve to at least make you happy (if not for the general situation then for me, pretty please?)...

I got a place at my chosen University! A conditional offer! Based on ABB in my A-Levels. I reckon I'll go for the A in Sociology and then the B and B in German and Law. Those are all minimums, obviously. They are the pass mark. But seriously, I sent off my application two months ago! Three, in fact! And I have been obsessively checking my inbox every day, waiting for an email telling me of any change. And now I'm happy. Having not had any previous relatives go to university, I am the first in my family and I'm very proud to be offered a place. Now I have something to work for! The little ideas in my head are all coming together to form this big picture of stuff to do and opportunities.

It also means I now have to absolutely hit those targets, and so I'm apologising in advance for the probable break in blog posts. believe me, I'm trying to keep them to about once a week! But it's difficult! There's a lot to be done, and all of it is essential. I'm not naturally particularly bright. I have to work very hard to maintain my grades, and it makes me proud when I can live up to the task and complete the challenge, and so I must say that from now on I will be throwing myself into my work in order to achieve the best I can. That's all I can do, really.

Happy reading, folks!

1 comment:

  1. Nitpick ahoy!
    My impression from having wasted a rather large amount of your time over a couple of years is that you most certainly are unusually bright. Perhaps you don't naturally think in the modes that would make your subjects easier, or maybe information storage-and-retrieval isn't your strong point, but IMSAO* you are one of the brighter people I know.

    You must be. I like you. That doesn't happen very often.

    That said, I will be Exceedingly Unhappy if the end result of this comment is my having to take a pin to your ego.

    *If H == "Humble" SA == "Somewhat Arrogant"

    ReplyDelete