Monday 14 February 2011

A little bit of love (not for McDonald's)

There was an ad on the television for McDonald's. It was right at the time when most children get home... Should we really be marketing our food and diet in this way? I thought ads for junk food had been banned in the UK before the watershed! 

I've been doing more exercise recently as it's beginning to get acceptably warm to be seen outside NOT wearing enough layers that you resemble a walrus (!) and I have very unfamiliar problems with exercise that most other girls (certainly none of my friends I've talked to) don't seem to get. Such as, I put on weight from muscle. Very quickly. Like, not a little bit so I still look like a girl- so I need to be very careful with the exercises I do. If I want to remain relatively lean-looking (rather than like a bodybuilder) the best exercises are gentle stretches and running. When I say running, I mean in a gym, as it's easier to time how long I'm running for there. I'll run for (in a three to four hour session) about an hour (at intervals!!) and also use a cross trainer, which is elliptical and can be used backwards (to work the muscles on the FRONTS of the legs and such). I haven;t been in a while but this coming weekend I'm going to make time and start going again, more frequently. I get very bored at home, and reading books is wonderful but doesn't help me keep my fitness up.

In ice skating I've been going during public sessions (not much space but ah well) and working on my spins- they're really effective for....er...pulling stomach muscles, if you do them too much. Even with a warmup there is only so far it is possible to push yourself, and this is bearing in mind I didn't visit the rink from December 24th to January 25th. I'm enjoying all the exercise greatly but I've put on more muscle (back and thighs) from the coordination it takes for the sit spin. I'm probably losing not much fat, though- I have a habit of eating Jaffa Cakes which is far too "om nom nom" to break for now!

Happy Valentines' Day, everybody, hopefully you've either got someone to share it with (including a friend or multiple friends) or you're happy doing whatever else it is that you're doing. Make some toast! Or something...

South West England has had a sunny day today and I love the sun so I'm happy. It's still quite cold though and there's homework to be done for tomorrow which may prove a little problematic (German... I can try at least!) so I'll leave you with these thoughts...

Also, I'm onto (read as "halfway through") another book, Private by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro. It's not as good as the last novel of theirs that I read- "Swimsuit", though this may be merely for the fact that it's less gory and I was expecting gore. A book promising chilling gore with no gore in, does not a happy reader make!!

Happy reading, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment