Thursday 30 June 2011

My birthday- and the result of said day of birth...

Recently it was my birthday! My first words to the amassed friends upon walking into school were, naturally, "I can now OFFICIALLY do magic outside of school." Excellent.

A happy day for all, I believe personally that my birthday, and the day preceeding it, should be holidays nationally. This way everyone would have time to get me a present and to celebrate adequately- see, I'm only thinking of the convenience it would cause you!

I acquired a laptop (much needed, my computer was getting to the point where every single thing you did on the internet took at least two minutes, including typing any web address, loading of sites, and so on and so forth), some money (which will go towards a hugely COMFORTABLE pair of shoes I saw about a week ago!), driving lessons (all my friends will be duly warned on days where I am in charge of the half-ton chunk of metal with an accelerator that will be, probably, my coffin) and more ice skating lessons. I love skating, I went today for four hours... I keep forgetting that that's a ridiculously long time to skate for at such a high intensity- I came hme and then woke up three hours later thinking "welp. Interesting." I see it as an experiment.

Experiments where you can sleep- and that forms the research- are the best kind.

So, this is my new laptop I'm typing on. the keyboard is a little different to the one I had with my computer so I keep making silly little mistakes which are a pain in the arse to rectify (see what I very subtly did there? Probably not). I'm pretty OCD about spelling and grammar so I correct as I go along- there's nothing worse than proof reading and thinking "What the heck was I trying to say there?"

So, yes, excellent birthday, spend with my best friend, the wonderful Aggie, and various members of my family. Coincidentally I had the day off so I went to see a school abnout some marketing (fun fun). I found an excellent skate sharpener on Coldharbour Road (Bristol!!) so all is good. Also started another (!) book (Tess Gerritsen is excellent).

Happy reading, folks! I'm seventeen!

No comments:

Post a Comment