Friday 1 July 2011

A room with a review

Well helloo! Once again I have updates. I've just been to an art exhibition (surprised I could make it as I fell on the ice yesterday and hit my head) and I have to say that after much consideration it was rather good! The YAAC (Young Arnolfini Artists' Collective) are staging their collaborative artwork in the centre of town, opposite the Apple store, all weekend. I have to say that even for someone who isn't that into art I could blatently see their talent! They've done very well particularly on the raising money front.

It costs nothing to go and see the works of art, which include laser-cut wood and a wonderful back room (I'm not telling you what's in there for two reasons- one, my words won't do it justice and two, I want you to goand have a look yourselves). My friend Connel, whom I have known for six years now, has toiled over this for a solid three weeks. I know it may not sound like very long but when you've got exams and new work to juggle at the same time things can be very challenging! Congratulations to all those in the YAAC for their fantastic work.

I've had a good day, one of those days where you feel you've genuinely achieved something (however small). This feeling was reached after two and a half hours in subway with some friends. Once again, all male. Henry, John, George and Tristan (the last of whom wears sandals every day to school because he doesn't see the point in buying a new pair of shoes just for the sake of education) are all lovely, if a little opinionated (George! :D ) Nevertheless it is a wonderful feeling to be able to argue and chat genuinely and openly every now and then.

I think I might go to Canada for my gap year, if I do choose/become forced to have one, as the country is lovely and one of those places I've always wanted to visit. The weather here has been quite lovely and I look forward to the weekend. Also I've just found my phone charger (euphoric moment!)

Happy reading, folks!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Victoria

    Sorry I had to leave so early and I couldn't say goodbye to anyone. Personal reasons... but I had fun seeing everyone!

    ReplyDelete