Sunday 10 July 2011

THE GORILLAS!!

I noes not (really) how many there are in total, but I noes for sure -FO SHO- that there are around sixty painted gorillas in and around Bristol. I keep finding more and more of them. They're beautiful and have been created to coincide with Bristol Zoo's 175th birthday. I think they're brilliant! The one in Sainsbury's at Clifton Down is spray painted a beautiful blue colour and it has orange spray-strokes on it. They'll be for sale at the end of the exhibit (the auction will be September 10th if I recall correctly) and we want one for our back garden. The proceeds will go to Bristol Zoo. This is one huge HUGE exhibition!

More in terms of art, I went to the museum today to have a look at some Beryl Cook paintings firsthand. Her style is very unique, instantly recognisable (yes, even for a youngster like me!). After the museum visist I carried on up to the RWA to see the Jack Vettriano exhibit, more stunning stuff. He didn;'t start painting until he was twenty-one; self taught, many images of dancers... His paintings sell for up to £744,000 nowadays at auction. Incredible.

Perhaps I ought to pick up a paintbrush? Any of you who know me will be cringing involuntarily in horror at this point...I don't blame you.

More on the average side of life, I've realised the homework I had a week to do (it seems I always have so much time until I have none!) is now due in tomorrow. An essay on... Well, "Assess the contribution of different feminist theories to our understanding of society". Thirty-three marks of pain, I kid you not.

Currently reading (HOW do I find the time!?) James Patterson's CROSS COUNTRY. Also I picked up the Oxford Dictionary of Dentistry at the Library, it's got some amazing information in it. I make it sound like a novel... Well, when you've got as much mteal in your mouth as terminator, you want to know why and how it's working. Teeth-gnashingly interesting stuff, methinks!

Happy reading, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment