Saturday 16 July 2011

Stage two of treatment

Well, hi again! There is a stage one post, it explains what's going on with my treatment in general.

Yesterday, we began stage two of treatment- the jaw wire is now affixed to my teeth. I can't pronounce Tees, Esses, or Gees correctly. It kind of sucks. The main problem is the pain because it's forcing my jaw to grow apart at the roof of the mouth. Which is painful enough to, as I found out yesterday, knock me out if I bite down hard enough. Thankfully I was lying in bed at the time but still it freaked me out a little bit!

I am confined to yoghurt and soup for the moment. Hot and/or hard food hurts because my mouth is tender, so I can't eat loads of stuff. I basically can't chew at the moment; I'm not happy about this!

However, an upside: I can have icecream and cake. WOOO!

This lisp is seriously annoying. My tongue hates me if I try to speak properly so there's no chance of that happening for a while yet. We go to France in two weeks... And I can't eat anything. GRAARAHAHHAHHAAHHHGHHHHH!
To take my mind off the pain I'm reading more and more. I love losing myself in a book so I'm happy. :)


happy reading, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment