Sunday 31 July 2011

Riding Elephants

What is cracka lacking? Ah, the hidden depths of improper grammar and pronunciation, I do so love them. What's crackalackin', people!? Hope you're all okay!

I've not started to pack yet. Went for dinner with dad last night. We got onto the subject of dating and other halves. We had a bit of an argument. Dad is only pissed off because the man I'm dating is older than his girlfriend. Apparently she has invited him to learn to ride elephants in September and October in Thailand (hopefully not a euphemism). "This'll be a learning curve," he says. More like learning perv, dad. She's 24. I look forward to meeting her, I said (oh so casually of course). He said no. Bastard.

My dad and I have never got on. While you're in Thailand riding elephants, daddy dearest, I'll be starting my second year of college and enjoying not being harassed for pointless conversations every day or so.

Currently I'm planning lessons for September... Thinking of taking scrabble in as a means to teach more kids how to spell and to be sure of themselves. This evening is filled with a game called boxes... I love it but my little sister (of sorts) is very competitive! We get on now, we never used to but recently she's alright and I think I'm less stressed, leading to a (somewhat) harmonious bond. Back to the game!

Still stunned by Thomas Harris' use of description in his Hannibal novel... insanely good.

Happy reading, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment