Tuesday 30 August 2011

The boredom has set in.

I have done my homework, written my personal statement (entire first draft), watched about twenty movies, been ice skating, tidied up... I'm now getting to the stage where I create weird art projects just to fill my time. Today, for instance, I spray painted a white T-Shirt with sky blue spray paint. before this I'd made clouds out of stickyback plastic and stuck them to the shirt, so now it's finished and the plastic is off, I have what can only be described truly as a SkyShirt. I quite like it, but I'm not sure how well it'll fare in the wash.

I now find myself watching mundane programs on T.V. or doing various other strange things. The worst thing is because I've properly stopped growing I now have very little appetite so I have to make a conscious effort to eat. Before it was a "should probably be eating less" situation, now it's more like I have to ask people to remind me at various points in the day. I'm sure when term starts I'll be hungrier as I'll actually be having to leave the house and walk around and do things (naff stuff like learning). I've done lesson plans for when I go back... I've pre-made a timetable sheet... For god's sake, there is nothing else to do. These holidays, they feel so great when they start, after all the exams and the effort and the latenights and hard work. But after three or four weeks, you become disillusioned with the idea of six weeks of no routine and nothing useful to fill your time. You have to make conscious efforts to do anything remotely constructive.

What makes it worse for me is I live in a basement flat and the man upstairs has a new girlfriend. Kudos, UpstairsMan, this one's not as loud as the last one, but please stop having two-hour long sex sessions. At one in the morning. Or at seven in the morning. I want a wake-up track, I'll find something off Youtube like "She's Got You High". What I DON'T want to wake up to is you getting bizzay to the rhythm of my alarm clock, thanks so much.

One day I will record the sounds and post it through their letterbox in CD form, each track a different date or something. There's nothing like embarrassing someone in STYLE. It does actually give me joy, sometimes... But only when people really deserve it.

The worst bit is the end (now) of the holidays, because my bodyclock's out of whack and I nhave to learn to go to school all over again... just like every year.

Also, I have found out something new. On days that start off rainy and then get hot, your flat will be somewhat infested with garden spiders. Remember this if you are afraid of spiders. Particularly because they are bloody MASSIVE (Grade 2!) and therefore run fast. Faster than you. That's a very frightening prospect.

I highly suggest you click that Grade 2 link and watch intently. I relate to the man very strongly on this subject.

Happy reading, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment