Monday 22 August 2011

In Preparation

...In preparation for Year 13, I'm beginning to do some work. For instance, I went to the dental hospital again today, and got my wire changed. I wanted a shiny new one for school, you know, to be presentable (okay in truth I just needed it changed but this makes it sound like I was more willing). Anyway, the appointment was at 10:20. I got up at 10:12. You should have seen me run! I impressed myself, to be quite frank.
I have been preparing in the form of beginning to write my personal statement. I'm doing well, but I'll probably never post it for you all to have a look at... That seems very out of order and kind of an infringement of privacy (as if Facebook and this blog don't already shine light on the most private facets of the diamond that is my life). Anywho, it takes a while to write. I have time set aside.
While we were in France I completed some lesson plans, which I hope to put into use when the new school term starts. I'm optimistic about the outcome of this new opportunity; it gives me something useful to do when I would otherwise be possibly wasting my time, and it helps others, so that's a go-go all round. I'm happy.
Back to the ground, this orthodontic treatment... I know it'll be worth it in the end, but for now it just really hurts all the time. I don't like to take painkillers, it's not a major pain, but it is annoying FO SHO.

Therefore, distracting myself with Youtube (whoop! Luka Salic! Whose Line Is It Anyway! Various other videos!) and books ("Sports Nutrition", "Sports Science", "The Working Body", etc. ) so I'm not bored, as such. But still, the holidays... after a while you're just looking for something to fill your time. I've reached that stage - where I'm somewhat looking forward to the new term, just for something in terms of constructive activity...

Also, all-liquid diet because my teeth hurt. Soup ahoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNvmxBNqGTc&feature=related

Cheers, m'dears!

No comments:

Post a Comment