Tuesday 30 August 2011

The price I pay

When people talk about paying the price, that's something of a double entendre, though usually neither of the meanings is dirty in any way. Take my current situation for instance. I'm figuring out how much "paying of the price" I'll be doing in terms of university at the moment. Let me tell you, currently, it isn't looking pretty. I really hate the fact I have to pay up to £9,000 a year just because I can't go to university until 2012. What a load of bollocks that is. Thank you so much, mother and father, for waiting so long. Your excuse is "you waited until you were financially secure". I would rather have grown up a bit poorer and not be about to have such a bloody massive debt on my shoulders, thanks! But never mind, alas, you waited so. And now I must pay the price.

The other thing people talk about when they say "paying the price" is usually having to deal with the bad repercussions of a stupid incident which has left them somewhat in a worse situation than they were before. For instance, those of you who have been reading this blog for a while now, know that I fell off my bike a while ago. Well. Now, I can't spend a lot of time on my laptop because it makes my back and neck hurt worse than a brontosaur trying to do a headstand. So yes. I am paying the price. Thank you so much, inner idiot, for exposing yourself long enough to get me thrown from a moving bicycle at such speed that I now can't lean forward for long.

Sitting in bed hurts. Lying in bed is uncomfortable but manageable. Standing is good. But, really, I can't go for the next goodness knows how long standing up, can I? I'll always look a) overbearing b) like I'm about to make an important point and c) really bloody stupid. Wonderful. My own fault. This is completely self-inflicted.

I'm wearing a hoodie with an ice-pack wedged in the back. Stylish. My whole body feels weird. It hurts, it doesn't hurt, it twinges, it's wrong. Blegh. I think I shall go and have a bath.

Happy reading, folks!

P.S. I will NEVER watch "The Price Is Right". Ever.

2 comments:

  1. Mind altering substances. Mind altering substances are the best way to cure pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could "like" that without being facebookish!

    ReplyDelete