Sunday 9 October 2011

blunt-force trauma

So.
I have reasons for not doing things.
For instance, I don't really drink, and I don't go to many parties. The former is because I'm a depressive drunk and I just cry all the time (not worth it); the latter is because I inevitably wake up the next day sporting some sort of injury that could only have possible happened during the night when I was asleep, as I never remember.

Example: Today. Yesterday I had my very belated seventeenth birthday party (which was lovely, not much went wrong really) and then today I went ice skating. I've also done the majority of my homework. I consider making an effort to be good enough. Anyway, I brushed my hair when I came back from ice skating, only to find that a great deal of my head hurts under any form of pressure. I don't remember doing anything to it, but five minutes ago I touched my scalp and actually went blind from the pain. Forgive me if this seems a little dramatic, but surely that's not good? Why would my body make a part of me hurt for no reason? I don't understand this thing, truly. It feels like I've got some sort of blunt-force trauma going on up there.

So my head is confusing me. My legs feel like lead (flu?) and I've had a sore throat for a good three or four days now. Urgh. I'm not doing well these days. At some point I'm supposed to be starting physiotherapy for, my back, as it seizes up every week or so (the cold weather is going to be rather un-fun this winter), as well as going down to the BRI (Bristol Royal Infirmary, our hospital) for some sort of dermatology appointment. Good news is my teeth are straightening quite nicely still! That's something to be happy about, isn't it? Yes. Yes it is.

I wish I could have a friend on-call for times like this; I'm not sleeping very well, and it'd be nice for me to have someone to talk to... Good night, good afternoon, good evening, good morning, good day...
I know it depends where you are and when you're reading this, really.

Happy reading, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment