Sunday 16 October 2011

teeny tiny terrors (should grow the hell up)

So recently I've been going up to main school to talk to some of the teachers there (various endeavours require student-teacher conversations, it's unfortunate). Anyway, I've heard tiny tiny children (the year sevens, they'd be cute if they weren't so vicious and rude) yelling all manner of insults at each other. What is this? Why do young people not know how to argue properly any more? It's truly ridiculous, nobody ever seems to sit down and calmly talk through anything, instead it's all yelling and throwinf various things- insults, punches, chairs, and so on.

This miniscule scrap of a kid the other day yelled the words "Oi, get off me bruv, you gayboy!" I fail to see why being gay is a bad thing, something to be used as an insult, and as for all this "bruv" business, you merely sound like you can't pronounce the word broth properly. Year sevens, in short, are idiots. Anybody who can run into me at top speed (not that fast, they only have short legs, remember) and bounce off my chiseled abs (ha!) without so much as a sorry... Deserves to be shot. In the kneecaps. Hopefully with some sort of gun that sports exploding bullets, or something.

So yes, a note to the year sevens: Go away. You are deceptively small, fast, and apart from being completely cuturally unaware ("What you doing man?! That's so gay! Oi battyboy! Fuck you!"), you are ruining our precious language. You are also required to not get in the goddamn way. I have to say please more than twice and your name goes in the black book, you little bastards. I don't care that your mummy thinks you're special. Learn something. Read a book, "y'all". If you can't read, then it's no problem, not for me anyway, because then you can't read my insults. Har har har. LEARN TO READ. Learn some respect. Then, keep to yourselves. Wow.

happy reading folks!

3 comments:

  1. you seem to chat an unbelievable amount of shit. just because they don't have the same opinion as you when it comes to the language they use it doesn't mean they're wrong, it just means it's different. you wont get anywhere in the world if you can't see that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers for the feedback. I never said my opinions were right. This is the problem with opinions, they're so damn subjective it makes it hard to create posts that everyone likes. 'pologies if I'm offending you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, yes, I'm multiple weeks late.

    Dear anonymous poster:
    Opening with an insult does not help your case. (I thought about referring to it as an ad hominem, but I'm not entirely sure that's correct in this case. Moving on.) The fact that it's clearly not true (one post is not an unbelievable amount of shit) doesn't help either. Nor does ignoring basic rules of written English grammar, such as capitalising initial letters of sentences. On the other hand, I'll credit you with being better than much of the internet on that front, with correct spelling throughout.

    While Volk may irritate you by suggesting that certain forms of slang are bad, the rest of her post remains valid, at least as I see it.

    The use of "gay" and various related terms in a derogatory way is not a good thing - while one could (and a lot of people do) argue that the meaning of the terms has changed, simply asking somewhat what they mean will illustrate that it has not. Cultural awareness is not an unreasonable thing to expect, either. Really, it isn't. Ditto a request to learn some respect - it may be offensive to some by implying that the people it's said to don't know any respect, but if that is demonstrably the case then it isn't invalid.

    So pretty much the only way in which I can see your comment as valid is Volk's single comment about use of the word "bruv".

    Volk:
    Accepting criticism is a good skill, but there is absolutely no need to be apologetic in response to comments like that one. I may be somewhat biased by the fact that I agree with you, of course.

    ReplyDelete