Sunday 30 January 2011

Fooling around?

Today was meant to be a homework day. Tpday was meant to be a day where I got up, had something to eat, and then set about the tasks I have been assigned in school. But it wasn't destined to be.

Instead, got up at eleven thirty. Went rollerblading, awesome, very tiring (nearly wrote anstrengend there, which is the german word for tiring...) came back, took off socks (trust me on this one - in rollerblades even when it is one degree outside your feet boil!) and then went out to meet a friend. We went to another friend (mine only, non-shared connection) and I bought a huge amount of goat curry and jerk chicken. I then proceeded to eat it while walking home very slowly. Once home I put all the bones in a saucepan and boiled them in water, adding stock (chicken), pepper and some dried herbs. After twenty minutes, I strained the mixture and put it in a mug.

Four hours later, having read my Law book (a few pages), watched some T.V. (House to myself!) and caught a hamster (younger child is annoyingly easily distracted and forgetful), I returned to the now-chilled soup, warmed it, put some bread in it to bulk it up a bit, and had it for dinner. A note here, folks. NEVER eat three hundred grams of spicy goat curry and jerk chicken on your own. And then repeat said spicyness for next meal. I feel... SO regretful right now... Plus, don't add insult to injury by drinking Dr. Pepper. It's... Just not a smooth move, don't try it, you will feel like you are about to explode and it will ruin the rest of your day. It... I can only describe it as something close to the feeling if you eat a mento(s?) and have a few sips of coca cola. It is rather unpleasant. And you spend hours feeling like a blimp. Fun? Not really...

Anyway, actually, my main effort for this post isn't to complain, it's to make my boyfriend love me more (uh-oh) by saying that the T.V. I watched (and ended up being fascinated by!) was Top Gear.

For those of you who don't know, it's a car-themed Television show where an absurdly tall man (Jeremy Clarkson: opinionated, funny, sometimes stupid and slightly unthinking), an absurdly shorter man (Richard Hammond: also funny, brilliant, but seems different after his crash in a car at 200mph...) and a strangely old-fashioned man (James May: generally made fun of by the others, but really, really awesome- even if those clothes are from long ago) all present together and get set daft tasks, while maintaining a huge degree of fun in explaining even the most complicated car. This may sound somewhat boring. However, to me, the girl who, until now has had little interest in cars and such, this is a revelation. There is nothing to me so pleasing as finding out that if I pursue this I will be able to talk to Mr. Wonderful about much more without him worrying about boring me. And I'll understand it.

Today they let James drive the Vauxhall Insignia VXR. [[vauxhall‑insignia‑vxr‑23‑06‑09.jpg]]. I think it looks beautiful in black. I think most cars look better in black. There is something more professional about them... Anyway, it has three drive modes, Normal, Sport (hardens up suspension a little to say the least), or VXR, which means the throttle control is touch-perfect and the suspension is an animal. The difference is stratling, fun, and I can see that letting anyone like my racing friend Nick loose on this car would see it returned looking distinctly....out of puff, to say the least. I know men who will happily crash cars for the sake of finding out what it takes. Seriously.
Also, they named the Car Of The Decade... (Old episode, you can see) For 2000 to 2010, their choice was (drumroll) the Bugatti Veyron.

[[http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.supercars.dk/cars/bugatti/bugatti-veyron.gif&imgrefurl=http://www.supercars.dk/bugatti/bugatti-veyron_d234m27.aspx&usg=__w6f8ZV5ShhLifRegNhhQQcgigSk=&h=1024&w=1280&sz=553&hl=en&start=0&sig2=FBbhw4iop2L8f_DGA2-tOA&zoom=1&tbnid=yGSlI29H_Qf-BM:&tbnh=128&tbnw=147&ei=wchETaOEMcGwhQfw4723AQ&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dbugatti%2Bveyron%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1024%26bih%3D574%26gbv%3D2%26tbs%3Disch:10%2C38&itbs=1&iact=rc&dur=943&oei=wchETaOEMcGwhQfw4723AQ&esq=1&page=1&ndsp=15&ved=1t:429,r:2,s:0&tx=62&ty=83&biw=1024&bih=574]]

It's beautiful. And yes, it really is worth copying and pasting that code into your search bar.

I have to say though, and everyone will forever know this of me... Buy me an Audi R8 and I will love you. Not that I can drive (legally, theoretically or really....Yet...) but, that, folks, is not the point.
 Tomorrow will be a work day. Ugh. Wish me luck.

Happy reading, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment