Friday 14 January 2011

Nuts of love and wisdom?

Sometimes when my household argue I like to get really involved. I say household, and not family, because to be a family, people need to be related by blood or marriage. I am related by blood to my mother ("duh" would be appropriate here...but I digress) and by nothing to the others. So, thus, we are a household. Not a family.

Anyway, the adults have argued non-stop since eleven. That's over two hours. I have an exam...today (urgh)... and they are still up doing that weird whistpering-yelling thing, where you can tell people are really angry...But they're also trying to pretend they're not. Usually, at their (and my) expense, to no avail. What happens is "whisper whisper... SHOUT SHOUT [slam] [open by other person] [slam] *silence...* " etc.

Today they're arguing about being able to have things and being idiotic and how you can sit all bed in day moping that you've got no money but in the real world, people go to work and make up for this lack of money by actually... Er... Earning some. Fun topic! Let's see my views.

Lazy people are idiots.
I'm quite lazy, and therefore quite idiotic.
However, I can see the point person A is making.
Therefore, I'm not as idiotic. It is pretty much rendered null by the fact that depsite only having three lessons a day (sometimes four or five) I am still in school for the entire six and a half hours.... on Wednesdays usually about eight hours... It's literally just like work in the real world. Except I don't get paid.
You get paid.
But only if you go to work.
You worry about a lack of money.
IF YOU KEEP TAKING DAYS OFF WORK (worry days, I swear) YOU WILL LOSE MONEY.

It's quite simple and straightforward.

Anyway. My plan (stupid as it was but I am tired and clearly delirious) was to walk into the kitchen and give each person a nut. This I did. However, person A took both nuts, as I said (hopeful as ever) "Nuts of love and wisdom?" To which the reply was not thankyou, or thanks, or even a grunt. Instead there was a silent second, you know the one, where you think..."Well... maybe I should run now..." adn then person A simply said, "I'll take wisdom. Sod the love." At which point I nearly laughed but thought better of it.

Throughout this argument I have been doing German homework. It's interesting. We sometimes give daily accounts of occurrences and events... all of mine say the word Argument in them. Terrible.

Mr. Wonderful (name witheld for reasons such as he is easy to steal, very light and foldable like a netbook...) came round for a little today. We've talked and he's got a lot of changes happening- provisional licence, UCAS application, Coursework, Homework (now called "home learning", sod you, you over-PC bastards), etc. His family, mostly, live in Poland, so contact is fleeting. This upsets me. I wish there could be more ties. Or stronger ones.

I need to sleep, it has rained all day here (yes! England! I should really be used to it, as I've said...) and it's quite cold. But my mother put up some thermal curtains in my room (brilliant, it's ten degrees warmer in here than the rest of the flat, causing people to gravitate to my sleeping place. Weird but not too bad. I have an army of mutant squirrels to keep them at bay, courtesy of my friend Aggie) so everything is good. I need to sleep, good bye, good night, good morning, good afternoon, good evening, thanks for your time.

Happy reading, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment