Tuesday 20 September 2011

Four random suggestions

So, I posted a status on Facebook, tagging a friend and telling her I would write about a genre she suggested. Three people answered, and argued, and came to the four keywords I have to write about now. Which are pretty difficult.

I got Romance, numbers, cats, and pregnancy.

Right.

So I've looked up some cross-subjects to make it a bit more intriguing. Did you know that cats have a maximum gestational period (the time they are pregnant for) of 69 days? BAM! The average is about 63 days. I doubt cats are very romantic. I mean, sure, they look all sleek and feline, but nobody's special if everybody is...Right? I mean, imagine two cats going on a date. You've got your tuna, your cream, maybe for a show they'd watch two chickens fight to the death or something... It would be awesome. I still doubt cats have romance in the same way as humans do. I mean, for one thing, you know if you get pregnant and you're a cat that you're going to have more than one teeny tiny yowling mouth to feed...but it costs you nothing. Cats don't work much. They can chill with their friends and parents and generally do what they want. Most cats prefer to be alone, so I can't see long-term relationships working.

Back to the cats dating thing, though... What do they say? Do cats have pickup lines? Are they all, "Yo, baby, you're looking sleek!" or do they say things like "Nice whiskers!" to get another cat's attention? Do they high-five? (answer is yes, lots) ...There are many possibilities we have to think about here.

Anyway, real human pregnancy is pretty rough too. Much longer than catnancy (yes, I deem it a new word, the latin for which is felinus pregnatus), human pregnancy usually lasts about 40 weeks, or nine months. Catnancy is closer to nine weeks. I would rather have catnancy, because at the end you get this adorable cute little fluffy thing. Usually two or more, actually. In fact, up to eight.

I want a cat, mainly because they're independent, and mainly because I watch loads of videos of them doing stupid and funny things. But I want a microcat. I guess, if they were real, they'd be the same sort of idea/concept as micropigs, only fluffier and more miaowy. Yes, miaowy.

But, ah, romance! To find someone you enjoy spending time with, you feel safe with, that person you can talk to about almost anything, and laugh with even when things are going truly terribly. It'd be nice to find someone like that, but also my grades would swiftly decline from their currently lofty position, I reckon. Still, though, I'm sure there are guys out there (or girls, if you're a straight male or a gay female) who will make it worthwhile.

Note, due to my common sense, and having watched such movies as "The Ugly Truth", I would say that creating a list of criteria is NOT the idea. Stop designing your other half, you freaks. Let it happen the way it happens. People who are over-particular really limit themselves. I'm limiting myself to this: must be smart, must not be lazy. I think that's pretty good. I reckon cats probably have those same ideals.

Oh god, I'm going to be a cat lady when I'm older, I can feel it now. At least we'll have good miaowversations. (Damn, I'm good.)

Some more numbers...

36, the number of weeks we are in school in a typical year.
17, my age (and my shoe size plus eight)
11, the age of my favourite cousin.
5, the numnber of times I have dyed Aggie's hair.
168, the hours in a week.
3, the number of subjects I'm taking this year.
3, the number of children I want (a long time into the future!)
2, the grazes I have at the moment.
180, the number of tests I have to mark tomorrow.
136, the number of red noses in my room.
54, the number of barbies I had up until I was abut twelve.

Happy reading, folks!

P.S. You can comment and suggest other genres if you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment