Friday 30 September 2011

Good things, bad things.

Today wasn't too bad. I haven't really done much (despite having been in school for six hours, even teachers can't draw upon their deeply buried reserves of productivity on a Friday). I went out for a cycle; something I haven't done for a long time. I think I might start training properly again; it's pretty fun to see how fit you can get if you set yourself a goal.

So, open day tomorrow! Good thing. I'm looking forward to it. This one's at UWE, in Bristol (the city I live in), so not far to go to see the campus, and I'll feel a bit more at home than I did on some of the other open days I've been to (cough, cough, Edge Hill). The day starts at ten, so I plan to get up early, eat breakfast out, and then go and see the uni. I hear it's pretty good for Law; we shall see.

Point one about today.
I was walking home, as you do, and there was this girl behind me. I think she must have been on her way to paralysis, or death, or something...Perhaps she was bitten by a snake? Had she broken an ankle? Was she suffering from such muscular atrophy that it caused her to walk weird? Of course not. But STILL those feet, those feet I wanted so badly to turn around and stamp on, they were scraping against the ground as if she had one of the above afflictions. People, listen to me very carefully. If you are scraping your feet against the ground when you walk, either go see a doctor or CUT IT THE HELL OUT. It is annoying. It is frustrating. It is unnecessary. You see those weird bits halfway down your legs? They're called knees. Use them. Please. For the love of God. Walk properly, you absolute dolts.

Second point.
To quote Chris Addison (funny guy, youtube him), "you could be my soulmate, you and I could share everything and have endless meaningful conversations, [etc, etc,] but if you're wearing Ugg boots, you can fuck right off". This is true. They are called Uggs because they're ugly. They look awful. They make you look awful. Shoes should either have structure or be flip flops. Not be dead animal mush that has a foot-shaped hole in it. Thank you.

Third point.
Girls. Leggings are meant for wearing with either short shorts or skirts. You can't wear them on their own. We can see your VPL (visible panty line). They make you look highly unattractive. Unless you are participating in some kind of sport which calls for both flexibility and warmth (ice skating or some kind of messed up Antarctic gymnastics, perhaps), then you look like a douche. Especially when coupled with that weird way of standing that you do where you put almost all your weight on one leg. This doesn't make you look cool; quite the opposite. You look like some sort of idiotic flamingo that hasn't quite worked out how to pull its leg all the way up, OR just like one of your legs isn't in fully functioning order. But back to the leggings; either take 'em off and give guys the good view and not essentially a pirate copy, or wear somethng over them so it doesn't look like you've forgotten a piece of lower-body fabric that really should be there. Cheers.

I think that's my rant over for today. Apologies. Well, no, actually, no apologies. If you fall into one of the above categories, sort it out, because it makes you a twat of epic proportions.

Happy reading, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment