Wednesday 28 September 2011

It's elemental, my dear...What, son?

You can all chide me for terrible title, but I think it's funny so tough stuff. There is a point to it, actually. If I'm completely honest, over the years there have been a few people I call my close friends, and they've stayed with me, but quite seriously a lot of the people I know just aren't that interesting. It's not that nothing happens, I'm sure lots of things happen to them that they find interesting; it's just more that the things they find interesting, I find boring. So, perhaps they're more acquaintances than friends.
Anyway, one friend I've kept in contact with is 22 23 8 3 (look at the title and figure it out if you can). We got along for ages and then there was this long break when 22 23 (for short) got into trouble with drugs and alcohol. Anyway, it seems she's out of that phase, which is great because she was such a lovely person before, she just made some daft choices and that led her down a treacherous path. Thank god she fell off it, though. I talked to her today and she sounds better.

Anyway, yesterday I was walking home and I saw 22 23's older brother (the older older one, not the younger older one). He's much more focused on work now as well, and it's nice to see that a year or two makes such a huge impact on somebody's life. Of course it does. Even catatonic people must experience some tiny fragment of change over two years.

I've been wondering for a while whether I want children (totally unrelated subject to the above), and what kind of lifestyle I want to lead. What do I want to do? Will I get married? Will I have children? What will I be doing in ten years' time? Will I be happy? I think that's my main worry. It's not what I'll have, it's whether I'll appreciate it. I see so many people here in England who spend their time complaining... Of course, sometimes bad things happen and you can feel a little down, but most of the time I think it's much better to see the good side. Walk away from depression. It doesn't have legs, it'll take a very long time for it to catch up with you if you're content.

I'm still reading this cracking book (The Vampire Lestat) by Anne Rice. I've also fallen even more in love with a band I'm interested in. If you don't already know them, I highly suggest you youtube Rizzle Kicks. Sylvester and Rizzle are amazing (not their real names, I'm sure you've guessed). They mix rapping, remixes, instrumentals of well-known tracks, and singing. They are ACE.

Not particularly good if you want to concentrate on homework though. I have a classical music playlist for that.

Questions welcome on any aspect of this post or any other post, as always. I doubt I mentioned it before, but I like questions.

Happy reading, folks!

P.S. I'm trying to work out what my worst habit is. I'll report back when I find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment