Thursday 29 September 2011

High fives and can-can kicks all around!

Not only did I yesterday finish a ridiculous amount of homework (I'm not whining, the teacher actually apologised for it at the beginning of the lesson), but this morning I received note that I've been chosen to represent my schools (I go to two different sixth forms) by the Debating Society. Score one for me! I was tempted to high-five the teacher who told me, but I thought yelling a rather loud "YESSSS!" would suffice.

Apologies, dear readers, for not having informed you of the audition for said society on Monday, but I wasn't completely sure I'd be accepted and therefore thought that to jaunt was to flaunt too early in the game. Had I not gotten the place, I would have had to explain why, etc., etc. hence my silencio on this little matter.

Secondly, I've cut my hair again. I like it better short as it's easier to deal with (not very short, obviously; I don't want an afro!) especially in the winter when a little bit of neck-coverage is important to keep out those nasty chilly breezes.

I'm in love with four-colour pens and big coats at the moment. I don't go well with wool and fluffy bits, though, but I do have a stunning winter coat. For any girls or guys out there who don't have at least one coat that falls almost at the knees, you don't know what you're missing. I love that coat with a passion I didn't know it was possible to have for anything other than hot, considerate guys and chocolate. You can quote me on that.

However, it has been so darn hot in England today, that there's no need for a coat. Or a top. I walked home in a shirt and bra today (and jeans, yes). It's ridiculous; my body is gearing up for the winter and then this happens?! I thought I was going to turn into some sort of melanoma-riddled prune at any moment! What a great travesty English weather is. We complain when it's hot, or when it's cold, and when it's raining, we always talk about it. SHUT UP. It happens all the time (note my terrible hippocrisy laid out bare for you all to see)!

Secondly, revision tip: find your favourite learning method, people! It really helps your memory. Alternatively, improve that noggin of yours by joining lumosity (google it) and having a go on there. If nothing else, it's a fun and possibly pseudo-constructive way to procrastinate.

If you're having trouble with procrastination methods and tricks, go to this website and have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment